Need some help? Let’s see what we can do!
We want your Rio Roller experience to be a great one, so we have put together some help pages to give you that extra bit of support along the way. Click on any of the images below to go to our specialist help sections or check out the frequently asked questions at the bottom of the page…you never know, your question may already have been answered.
Should I buy my normal shoe size?
Adults should stick to their normal shoe size, but it is recommended that, when purchasing skates for children, the skates are one size above their normal shoe size, as their feet are still growing.
What is the maximum weight for your skates?
Our skates are now tested up to 100kg!
Do I need to have lessons before I go skating?
Most people learn to skate just by practice or are taught by friends. There are lots of videos online now to show you how to skate.
My legs are hurting, is that normal?
It is not uncommon for your legs to ache when you are learning or if you haven’t skated for a while. This can be the result of several things.
- Check that your skates aren’t fastened too tight. Loss of circulation in the feet and around the ankles can cause pain around your legs.
- Check that your skates are not too loose. If you haven’t fastened your skates properly, your feet will tense up to hold the skates on, which can lead to cramping around the feet and legs.
- Remember to keep your legs bent while skating. If your legs are too straight and tense, it can cause discomfort. This can also force your body to lean forward from the waist, making your legs work harder to support your weight.
- Keep your body relaxed and let it flow with your skating movements. Wearing the right safety gear will help to keep your body relaxed as you wont be worrying about injury. The more you practice, the more natural it will feel.
- Don’t forget that skating uses different and more muscles than you may be used to. Any exercise can make your body feel sore until you get used to it. Try to do stretches before and after, especially if you are just starting out.
How long is the warranty on your products?
Rio Rollers are under warranty for a period of 90 days from the date of purchase against defects in either material or workmanship.
This warranty is offered to the original retail purchaser of the skates.
More information about the warranty of the Rio Roller quad skates can be found in the leaflet that comes in the box.